Handling Difficult Conversations
Description - In-Person Event
Conversations between managers and employees about issues such as irregular attendance, poor performance, and so on, can often be difficult. The ability to talk about these, and other sensitive, emotive issues is an integral part of line management. This interactive and thought provoking seminar will help participants acquire the skills necessary to handle potentially difficult conversations.
Who should attend
The seminar will be relevant to anyone who has an interest in, or the potential to be involved in handling difficult conversations. This includes human resource practitioners, trade union representatives, line managers, supervisors, team leaders, employee representatives or employers.
At the end of this seminar participants will know how to:
- Recognise when a difficult conversation needs to take place.
- Use the skills and qualities necessary to manage potentially difficult conversations.
- Conduct an effective conversation using a practical step by step model.
- Identify and deal with barriers in potentially difficult conversations.
- Identify what communication skills are important and understand why they are important.
Date and Time: Wednesday 14th February 2024 (10.30am - approx. 12.30pm).
Labour Relations Agency - Regional Office
3rd Floor Richmond Chambers
Derry/Londonderry BT48 6HN