Trade Union learning representatives

An employee who is a member of an independent trade union which is recognised by the employer and who is a Union Learning Representative must be allowed reasonable time off with pay during working hours to:

  • carry out those duties that relate to Union Learning Representatives; or
  • undergo training relevant to the duties of a Union Learning Representative.

The LRA can provide guidance on the time off to be permitted by an employer for Union Learning Representatives.

See our Code of Practice.-Time Off for Trade Union duties and activities Time off for training representatives‘

Last updated: 03 June 2019