Conciliation Explained

If someone has lodged a claim to the tribunal about their employment rights a copy is sent to the Labour Relations Agency.

We have a legal duty to offer Conciliation in most cases when someone has a complaint about their employment rights even if no claim has been made to the Tribunal service.

A Conciliation Officer will contact the parties or their representatives as quickly as possible and their role is to help find a solution that both sides find acceptable instead of going to a tribunal hearing. They don’t impose solutions, but will try to help you settle your differences on your own terms.

This booklet explains how we can help.

Further information and help

If you require further information or help with this publication please contact us.

Download the resource

Last updated: 20 March 2019