Disciplinary and grievance Procedures - 3rd April 2011
DownloadCode of Practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures - 3rd April 2011 1.17 MB
3rd April 2011
This Code of Practice provides practical guidance to employers, workers and their representatives on:
- the statutory requirements relating to disciplinary and dismissal issues;
- good employment practice in dealing with grievance issues
- what constitutes reasonable behaviour when dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues;
- drawing up and using disciplinary and grievance procedures; and
- a worker’s statutory right to bring a companion to grievance and disciplinary hearings.
This Code of Practice provides for the repeal of the existing statutory workplace grievance procedures under the Employment (Northern Ireland) Order 2003. The requirements of this Code in relation to workplace grievances are similar to the previous statutory obligations, whilst the statutory requirements regarding dismissal and discipline remain unchanged by this Code.
This page will be uploaded on 3rd April 2011
Further information and help
If you require further information or help with this publication please contact us.