Conversations between managers and employees about some issues can often be difficult. Being able to have these conversations and deal with them effectively are key factors of line management. The skills can help in resolving all types of disputes within the workplace, between individuals or groups.
At the end of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Recognise when a difficult conversation needs to take place.
- Conduct an effective conversation using a practical step by step model.
- Identify and deal with barriers in potentially difficult conversations.
- Understand the various alternative dispute resolution services and their benefits.
- Decide when it is appropriate to use alternative dispute resolution processes and which particular process to use such as:
- Individual conciliation or statutory arbitration.
- Collective conciliation.