This briefing provides an overview of mediation as a route for the resolution of workplace disputes. We will look at the role of the mediator and some of the skills involved but this briefing is not intended to equip participants as mediators. It is suitable for HR practitioners and anyone with an interest in finding out how their organisation might manage conflict more effectively.
At the end of this briefing, participants will:
• understand what workplace mediation is
• understand the principles of mediation
• understand the benefits of mediation
• understand when mediation may be appropriate
• understand the mediation process