Part-time workers have the right not to be treated less favourably than comparable full-timers. This means they should:
- receive the same rates of pay
- not be excluded from training simply because they work part-time
- receive a pro rata holiday entitlement to comparable full-timers
- have any career break schemes, contractual maternity leave and parental leave made available to them in the same way as for full-time workers, and
- not be treated less favourably when workers are selected for redundancy.