Employment Rights Qualifying Periods
Qualifying Period - Day 1
- Protection from unfair dismissal for reasons including maternity, parental and paternity leave; undertaking activities aimed at improving health and safety; refusal to work on Sundays; assertion of rights under Working Time Regulations; performance of duties as trustee of occupational pension scheme;
- performance of functions as employee representative; making a protected disclosure; assertion of statutory rights, including right to National Minimum Wage and right to certain credits; claim for union recognition; trade union reason; part-time worker status.
- 26 weeks' ordinary maternity leave and additional maternity leave
- Paid adoption leave
- Protection from discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, civil partnership status, marital status, age and disability.
Qualifying Period – 1 Month
- At least one week’s notice of termination of contract.
- Guarantee payment in case of lack of work.
- Payment of salary during suspension on medical grounds.
- Right not to be dismissed on medical grounds.
Qualifying Period – 2 Months
A written statement of the particulars of employment (to be received no later than two months after starting employment).
Qualifying Period – 3 Months
- Option to join stakeholder pension scheme.
Qualifying Period – 26 Weeks
- Two weeks' paid paternity leave
- Statutory Adoption Pay.
- Statutory Maternity Pay.
- Flexible Working Rights.
Qualifying Period – 1 Year
- Protection from unfair dismissal for reasons other than those specifically listed in the relevant pieces of legislation, including dismissal without following the correct statutory procedure.
Qualifying Period – 2 Years
- At least one week’s notice for each year of continuous employment.
- Redundancy payment and time off to look for other work or to arrange training